Suits : 55S17W (2009-onwards)
price includes GST.
New SKF Bearings + Heat treated Rotors
“True Through flow” Rotor Hats* + Pads
& Installation .
All from the original manufacturer of these Brake upgrades.
Call to Book fitment. (07) 5543 2656
Please note : The brake pads need to be 17mm thick in order to fit the rotors , as the rotors are thicker than the OEM rotors) Original pads are 20mm Thick and need to be skimmed down to 17mm.
Installation included in Brisbane .
We have a courtesy vehicle for you , as we will require you to collect your Iveco the next day , this is simply to ensure that your kit is installed properly , and not rushed.
From Experience some of these wheel bearings which have seen excessive heat can be challenging to remove and replace , we prefer not to risk damage to the Expensive Iveco Knuckle that houses the bearing.
The kit includes the following:
- Alloy 6061 T6 CNC machined bells
- Alloy 6061 T6 CNC machined caliper re locator brackets
- 342mm x 28mm performance slotted rotors
- High tensile mounting bolts
- 2 x front wheel bearings (SKF when available )
- Machining of Iveco caliper
- New set of brake pads
- Installation of your Iveco kit
Why VARI Big Brakes “Because we VARI serious about Brakes .FULL STOP !”
“True Through flow” Rotor Hats*
As the First and original manufacturer of these iveco 4×4 brake upgrade systems we have improved the design of our Rotor hat to include specific internal notching to allow for even better through flow through the center of the rotor, in order to take full advantage of the vented rotor upgrade.
Heat treated Rotors
Our Rotors are fully Heat treated , before being finish machined inhouse by ourselves to include our New ” Offroad Friendly” slotting . Heat treatment is vital towards improved resistance to rotor warping under extreme conditions.
We have improved our original slotting design to our latest low density slotting pattern , to allow for less dirt and grime entrapment , while still offering all important pad degassing .
Slotting helps prevent pad glazing , which would otherwise be a possibility with non slotted rotors on these vehicles when repeatedly stopping from high way speeds while towing or fully loaded.
Please note the following:
- This kit will only fit if you have aftermarket 17″ rims. (some earlier 17″ rims may not fit as originally supplied by Travel trucks, the ones with 2 holes and the ones with 6 smaller holes will not fit.)
- Original Equipment “On Road” 17.5″ rims the 4×4 Daily is sometimes delivered with will not fit the brake kit.
- EVA steel and alloy rims are fine
- Travel Trucks new larger hole rims are fine * *( The ones with 6 x 60 mm vent holes)
- Earthcruiser alloys rim should be fine
- If purchasing replacement rotors and your old ones measure 346mm you will need to contact us for new caliper relocation brackets to suit the new 342mm style of rotor that offers more clearance between the caliper and rim.
- These kits are best fitted by a qualified Mechanical workshop, or at the very least by a highly mechanically knowledgeable person.
- Some specialised heavy duty equipment is required for the removal of the original hub and rotor.
Please note too: That it is ultimately the responsibility of the Vehicles owner to find out whether the wheels they plan to run are known to clear our big brake kit. Most Australian suppliers of aftermarket wheels for these Ivecos are by now well acquainted with whether or not our popular big brake kit fit behind their wheels. Alternatively the ” Facebook Communities” for these Vehicles are extremely helpful as to what works and what doesn’t.
Why Do We Not offer a rear upgrade package yet?
To put it simply a number of our early customers who originally had the rear wheel cylinder enlargements done along with the ” Tune” to the rear distribution valve , as well as in some cases the crisscrossing of hydraulic lines, sometimes performed by mechanical workshops, reported no real further improvement to the braking over the large initial improvement of our front upgrade. We are currently looking into a real upgrade option for the rear axle but have to date not found any feasible solutions which we could comfortably offer as real rear upgrade packages.
This having been said of the 50 Plus vehicles known to be using our original Iveco Brake upgrade kits we truly only have 3 individual customers who really feel the need to have some sort of rear upgrade still performed and they are all in fact original recipients of some of these so called rear hydraulic upgrades.
Iveco daily 4×4 brake problems ?
Its no secret that the brakes on the Iveco Daily 4×4 are not perfect and do suffer from over heating on long down hill descents. There have even been cases of the original front Iveco discs melting powder coated rims and even catching fire. So that is why we at Vari ® race brakes Australia , were originally approached by concerned owners and became the first aftermarket brake manufacturer in the world to offer a much better braking solution to the front of these trucks in the form of a much bigger vented 2 piece rotor.
|Dimensions||40 x 20 x 18 cm|
Installed Full Front Brake Kit