$695.00 – $2,451.00
Suits : 55S17W (2009-onwards)
Out of state / Overseas customers
with access to professional Diesel Mechanics Workshop
or Competent Heavy Duty Mobile Mechanic
(See our option to have the caliper cradles posted to us by satchel with CNC machining and return postage included in pricing)
Please note : The brake pads need to be 17mm thick in order to fit the rotors , as the rotors are thicker than the OEM rotors) Original pads are 20mm Thick and need to be skimmed down to 17mm.
Iveco daily 4×4 brake problems ?
Its no secret that the brakes on the Iveco Daily 4×4 are not perfect and do suffer from over heating on long down hill descents. There have even been cases of the original front Iveco discs melting powder coated rims and even catching fire. So that is why we at Vari ® race brakes Australia , were originally approached by concerned owners and became the first aftermarket brake manufacturer in the world to offer a much better braking solution to the front of these trucks in the form of a much bigger vented 2 piece rotor.
We have recently made some big improvements to this kit to allow for even better cooling. The bells now come with machined notches around the perimeter of the bell to allow for more air flow into the rotor. The rotors have also been machined on the inside edge to increase the clearances which allows for more air flow and we have also added slotting to help stop glazing of the brake pad.
All rotors now come heat treated to help resist warping when they are pushed to the limits.
The kit includes the following:
- Alloy 6061 T6 CNC machined bells
- Alloy 6061 T6 CNC machined caliper re locator brackets
- 342mm x 28mm performance slotted rotors
- High tensile mounting bolts
- Installation instructions
Also required for installation but not included:
- 2 x front wheel bearings
- Machining of Iveco caliper. Can be performed by Vari ® or by your engineering shop
- Tapping of 4 x M16 x 2mm threads for mounting of caliper spacer bracket ( no drilling required as correct sized holes are already there from factory )
- New set of brake pads ( Please note : The brake pads need to be 17mm thick in order to fit the rotors , as the rotors are thicker than the OEM rotors) Original pads are 20mm Thick and need to be skimmed down to 17mm.
- Blue thread lock
We can ship all our kits Australia wide via Courier.
If you purchase the full brake kit with the Vari ® machining option then you will need to send us your caliper mounts so we can machine them.
Machining will normally be done within 24 hours of receiving your brackets and will be returned via Australia post express shipping.
Please note the following:
- This kit will only fit if you have aftermarket 17″ rims. (some earlier 17″ rims may not fit as originally supplied by Travel trucks, the ones with 2 holes and the ones with 6 smaller holes will not fit.)
- Original Equipment “On Road” 17.5″ rims the 4×4 Daily is sometimes delivered with will not fit the brake kit.
- EVA steel and alloy rims are fine
- Travel Trucks new larger hole rims are fine * *( The ones with 6 x 60 mm vent holes)
- Earthcruiser alloys rim should be fine
- If purchasing replacement rotors and your old ones measure 346mm you will need to contact us for new caliper relocation brackets to suit the new 342mm style of rotor that offers more clearance between the caliper and rim.
- These kits are best fitted by a qualified Mechanical workshop, or at the very least by a highly mechanically knowledgeable person.
- Some specialised heavy duty equipment is required for the removal of the original hub and rotor.
Please note too: That it is ultimately the responsibility of the Vehicles owner to find out whether the wheels they plan to run are known to clear our big brake kit. Most Australian suppliers of aftermarket wheels for these Ivecos are by now well acquainted with whether or not our popular big brake kit fit behind their wheels. Alternatively the ” Facebook Communities” for these Vehicles are extremely helpful as to what works and what doesn’t.
Why VARI Big Brakes “Because we VARI serious about Brakes .FULL STOP !”
|Dimensions||40 x 20 x 18 cm|
Full Brake Kit, Full Brake Kit Including Caliper Machining., 342 by 28 mm “Off Road” Slotted Rotors (Pair), 343 by 28 mm ” High Dens” Slotted Rotors(Pair), 343 BY 28 mm Plain Rotors (Pair), 346 by 28 mm No Slotting Rotors (Pair)